I’m researching possible abilities for my current book this weekend. In Iviannah, the setting for my series, certain people are blessed with magical abilities. As I mulled over possible “gifts,” my brother-in-law showed me a list of rather humorous magical powers. Here are some of my favorites:
- Ability to walk halfway through a brick wall
- Being able to turn quarters into pennies
- Gift of predicting coin tosses approximately 50% of the time
- Super-sight that makes you see through walls– but only walls made of glass
- Power to see one second into the future
Can you tell I am at a slow point in my writing? I am enjoying the process very much, but I have some decisions to make before the plot can move on (making speedy decisions isn’t my thing. Maybe that should be a magical ability! I’m on to something there!). It’s too exciting to be on another project, and now that I have set a deadline for myself, things should move right along. If I finish this book before I turn 18, I will have completed 4 books before legally becoming an “adult.” The pressure’s on, because I have only a few weeks.