Hooray for 2009. I cautiously look forward to this scary new year. Many changes lie ahead for me: deciding on a college, turning 18, graduating, and embarking on the journey of a college Freshman. I don’t know what to think about all this, but I know God will be there with me every step of the way (whew!).
Some of the things I’d like to accomplish this year (aside from those mentioned above), are as follows:
- Write (and complete) another book before I turn 18.
- Read every book written by CS Lewis
- Read the stack of classics in my closet that have been gathering dust for months
- Travel somewhere scenic. I don’t care where
- Write another book over the summer
- Do a grammar course in preparation for college
- Visit more schools and encourage students to follow their dreams
Okay… that turned out a bit longer than I intended. Maybe I’ll just do #4. That would be enough to make me happy :).
On a lighter note, I enjoyed my Christmas very much. The holiday reunion was a bit overwhelming, and gave me a massive headache, yes, but I enjoyed every minute of it. As much as I like to complain about the holidays, I really do love spending time with my family. What are crowded malls, terrible songs, gaudy decorations, and holiday traffic next to quality time with the people you love most?
I hope everyone had a great holiday, and I wish you well for the new year. Keep healthy; there’s a terrible 24 hr flu going around. Half of my family caught it.